From Noosa Van Lines, Greg Bee shares about life and business with us:
What do you believe are the most important things to concentrate on in business?
I come from the premise that:
- Business is just ONE part of life.
- Both are about experiences, outcomes and growth.
- And that what works in life, works in business.
For me getting the most out of Life and Business is about doing my best at these 5 things:
- Understanding – what is most important for myself and others involved… and that life and business work better when everyone is ‘winning’.
- Inspiration – to be a part of creating something special myself and inspire others to want to be a part of that too, for themselves… creating a company, brand and experiences that is special to whoever comes into contact with us.
- Demonstration – that I follow through on the first two, in each ‘step’ I take… making it easy and enjoyable to work here and to do business with us.
- Learning and Personal Growth – taking responsibility for my part part in what I am currently experiencing and achieving.
- If I like it, get better at doing what I am doing.
- If I don’t like it or I want more, change who I am being or what I am doing – finding different ways to achieve ‘better’ outcomes and experiences.
- Leadership – supporting the team and the individuals to do the same for themselves… the business will win in the process, as will I.
What do you say about Work/Life balance?
It really is about LIFE balance… work is just one part of getting the balance right.
The key is to be totally honest with yourself through each of the following steps, how do you actually FEEL! – not the should or have to considerations! (it is always good to have a look at the ‘feedback/results you are getting now).
UNDERSTANDING all that you truly want to EXPERIENCE and CREATE in your whole life; Including your business.
BE CLEAR on your own personal priorities on all fronts; and how this relates to your business. Priorities that fit where you are now, you can change them later as you progress.
Make sure your ACTIONS are ALIGNED with the above, in every moment… this inevitably will mean facing some fears, stepping out of your comfort zone and at times into the unknown.
If you don’t like what you are experiencing or achieving, go back to Step ONE and start again… the answers as to what you need to change to experience something different can be found within these 3 steps, but only if you are being totally honest with yourself.
If you keep coming up against a negative, don’t give up or stay stuck…ask for help OR move to a next step that is a positive one (real) you never know where that can lead and at least you are moving forward.
And always remember:
If you think you can or you think you can’t you’re right”…so said Henry Ford.
…play 100% and never give up!